Thursday 19 March 2015

Transistor Lab #2 : Counter circuit

Counting in binary is sophisticated technique hardly to figures; but I finally understand but I almost go insane, that is how transistor used to do arithmatic add between 2 bits together.

At first sight you will really hardly found the key concept. I am in electronics for 5 years, but I finally understand the key in my last year.

The hardest part of binary arithmatic (specially adding together bits) are the carry concept / mechanism.

We can just do binary arithmatic using XOR operation, but when we add 1 + 1 the result shoud be 2, but binary limited the output into 0, 1. There is no number 2. This I confuse about.

But, after reading a lots of tutorial I know now that the carry mechanism it self is using another designated circuit. So there are 2 circuit in arithmatic adder.

The carry circuit was OR circuit and the add circuit is XOR operation. So the total is 2 circuits but supplied with same two A and B input. And the output must be 2. So counting in binary need 2 output, in this case 2 LEDs.

Lets build it

First build an XOR circuit and then built the OR circuit and then connect the A, and B input and then connect the 1 LED to XOR circuit and another LED to OR circuit.









No comments:

Post a Comment