Wednesday 10 September 2014

Teapot and a glass

Present tense

1. Present tense - simple active
He drinks tea five times a week

Present tense - simple
This tea is grown in India

2.  Present tense - continuous active
I am drinking tea at the moment

Present tense - continuous passive
The tea is being made by Misterduncan

3. Present perfect - simple active
I have been buying this tea for many years

Present perfect - simple passive
This tea has been bought by Misterduncan for over 3 years

4. Present perfect - continuous active
He has been buying that brand of tea for a year

Past tense

1. Past tense - simple active
I bought some new tea last week

Past tense - simple passive
Tea was introduced to Britain in 1657

2. Past tense - continuous active
I was drinking some tea when he arrived

Past tense - continuous passive
The tea was being brewed when I arrived home late

3. Past perfect - simple active
He had already drank when I arrived

Past perfect - simple passive
The tea was reheated twice before it was poured away

4.  Past perfect - continuous active
I had been waiting for an hour before the tea finally arrived

Future tense

1. Future intention - continuous active
They are going to visit a tea shop tomorrow.

Future intentions - continuous passive
The teas are going to be provided by the event organisers

2. Future simple - simple active
The tea shop will open tomorrow

Future simple - simple passive
The tea bags will be bought later

3. Future simple - continuous active
He will be serving (tea) tomorrow at three o' clock

4. Future perfect - simple active
I will have completed the tea-making course by the end of next week

Future perfect - simple passive
The (tea) selection will have been made by tomorrow afternoon

5. Future perfect - continuous active
She will have been working here at the tea shop for two years by the end of next month.


Sumber referensi (Youtube video):

Untuk rumus tenses lengkap disini:

Jika list diatas dikompilasi seperti ini menjadi:

1. Simple
Present :  He drinks tea five times a week.
Past :  I bought some new tea last week.
Future :  The tea shop will open tomorrow.

2. Continuous
Present: I am drinking tea at the moment.
Past: I was drinking some tea when he arrived.
Future: He will be serving (tea) tomorrow at three o' clock.

3. Perfect
Present:
Past: He had already drank when I arrived.
Future: I will have completed the tea-making course by the end of next week.

4. Perfect continuous
Present: He has been buying that brand of tea for a year.
Past: I had been waiting for an hour before the tea finally arrived.
Future: She will have been working here at the tea shop for two years by the end of next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment