Monday 8 September 2014

Articles

Articles = { A, An, The }

Articles ditaruh sebelum sebuah kata benda (noun).

Noun = { a person, a place, a thing }

1. An - used before a singular noun that start with
- a vowel letter (a, i ,u, e, o) or
- vowel sound (biasanya kata benda yang berawalan huruf 'h' contoh: hour, half, dll.)
Contoh:
An eye for an eye
I have an elephant on my garage
I like an Ice cream
I will be arrived there for about an hour (vowel sound)


2. a
- general = any
Contoh:
I want a muffin please. You are asking a shop guard to pick a muffin for you, any muffin.

 3. the
- specific

- 2nd time you speaks about a same noun on your phrase.
Contoh: I bought some fruit. The fruit was bad.


- the speaker and listener both know
Contoh: I left my book at the school (the caller and the listener both know which school)

- the united states, the united kingdom, the united arab emirates
- the philiphines

No comments:

Post a Comment